RF, Microwaves, & Photonics Modeling
If you are interested in using COMSOL Multiphysics and the RF Module for the mathematical modeling of electromagnetic wave phenomena, this is the course for you. During the 1-day course, you will learn how to build models in microwave engineering, antenna design, and photonics.
Together, we will work through several example models that demonstrate how to address electromagnetics simulations in the areas of antenna design, microwave heating, and resonant structures. The RF, Microwaves, and Photonics course allows current and potential users of COMSOL Multiphysics and the RF Module to quickly get acquainted with the software's modeling capabilities.
- Antenna design
- Simulation of typical antenna structures
- Computing impedance, S-parameters, and far-field radiation
- Modeling of open, radiating domains
- Microwave heating
- Modeling of cavity and waveguide structures
- Including the effects of RF heating
- Thermal expansion effects
- Resonant structures
- Computing the resonant frequency and quality factor
- Modeling of skin and dielectric losses
- Combining an RF model with a circuit
This course assumes some familiarity with the basic concepts of electrical engineering. We recommend that those new to COMSOL Multiphysics take the COMSOL Multiphysics Intensive Training course prior to attending this class.
Pricing & Payment Methods
The price for this 1-day course is $695.00 per person.
- We offer an academic discount to those who qualify. The academic rate for this course is $495.
We accept payment by credit card, company purchase order, check, wire, or direct deposit. For security purposes, please do not send credit card information via email. COMSOL will contact you by phone to confirm the payment information.
Mail payments or purchase orders to:
100 District Avenue
Burlington, MA 01803
Fax purchase orders to:
Register for RF, Microwaves, & Photonics Modeling