Two-Phase Flow in Porous Media
Model ID: 499
The first model describes the simultaneous flow of two immiscible fluids in porous media - here air displaces water in a multi-step inlet pressure experiment. We solve for the pressure and the degree saturation for the air and water within a representative volume and so track saturation levels rather than estimating a discrete location for the air-water interface.
A second example is also available for air and oil and builds on the above two-phase flow model for an air-water system. The switch from air-water to air-oil is accomplished with Leverett scaling of interfacial tensions for the different fluid pairs.
The final example of oil-water flow, from a multi-step inlet pressure experiment, builds on the two-phase flow model for an air-water system. The inlet pressure steps were evaluated with Leverett scaling of interfacial tensions for the different fluid pairs.
This model was built using the following:Subsurface Flow Module
- models.ssf.twophase_flow_column.pdf - 0.48MB
- twophase_flow.pdf - 0.51MB
- twophase_flow_air_oil.mph *
- twophase_flow_air_water.mph *
- twophase_flow_column.mph *
- twophase_flow_column_air_oil.txt - 0MB
- twophase_flow_column_air_water.txt - 0MB
- twophase_flow_column_initial_conditions.txt - 0MB
- twophase_flow_column_interpolation.txt - 0MB
- twophase_flow_column_lower_layer.txt - 0MB
- twophase_flow_column_oil_water.txt - 0MB
- twophase_flow_column_parameters.txt - 0MB
- twophase_flow_column_retention_model.txt - 0MB
- twophase_flow_column_upper_layer.txt - 0MB
- twophase_flow_oil_water.mph *
- twophase_flow_sbs.pdf - 0.76MB
To download the files, please sign into your COMSOL Access account.*