As part of our continued growth and sustained vision to be a leader in our sector, we are looking for Commercial Sales Engineers in our state-of-the-art Cambridge offices.
We are a small, close-knit team of sales and technical support specialists that form an important part of an expanding, diverse global company, which now has offices in Palo Alto, Boston, Los Angeles, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Germany, France, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Italy, Switzerland, and India.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to combine your technical and people skills to help our customers understand how the COMSOL product line can reduce their design cycle and costs and improve their efficiency.
The challenge of selling to a wide range of technical engineers, managers and R & D specialists will call on your technical curiosity and commercial acumen, as well as your strong listening and communication skills.
This role will also include some travel.
- Actively identify, develop and expand the sales of COMSOL’s existing and new range of Multi-physics software to commercial engineering firms and national research labs
- Develop new leads and maintain regular contact with existing contacts through phone calls and public workshops
- Create and deliver presentations with the support of the technical support team at public seminars, customer-sites and professional conferences
- Work closely with the technical team at both pre and post sales stages to provide technical support to potential customers
- Achieve personal sales targets
- Graduate ideally with a Bachelor or Masters in engineering, physical sciences, life sciences (or a related discipline)
- Minimum 1 year of sales experience
- Positive, professional and confident communicator both in-person and on the phone, with concise writing skills
- Strong time-management skills, with the ability to balance multiple demands from a high volume of prospects as well as team members
- An understanding of the business challenges and technical issues clients face in the engineering and scientific sectors
- Determination and a consultative approach to progressing and closing sales over a 6 – 9 month period sometimes in a competitive sales situation
- Some experience with computer modelling, FEA analysis or computational physics would be advantageous but is not essential
- Eligible to work in the UK.
What We Offer You
- Competitive salary and regular reviews to reward personal performance
- 25 days holiday
- Company pension
- Good prospects for career progression
- Sponsored trip to Sweden to attend annual company - wide “Kick Off” event
- Professional and personal development in a fast growing high-tech software company
- Opportunity to resolve challenging technical problems using state-of-the-art engineering tools
- Work with creative and qualified team members in Cambridge and other international offices
- Casual atmosphere in modern offices with private individual work spaces, meeting rooms, relaxing communal areas, parking and modern café facilities.
Send a Cover letter and CV to Dawn Street at email@example.com or call 01223 451580
||Commercial Sales Engineer
||Cambridge, United Kingdom
indicates required field
Cover Letter and Resume